Day-Light Sky 10,000 LUX Bright Light Therapy Lamp
Tested and proven to be one of the best treatment options for Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), light therapy is already being studied as a viable treatment option for such conditions as depression, sleep disorders, and premenstrual syndrome. In fact, even people with no history of such conditions report feeling more energized and generally more positive by introducing light therapy into their daily lives. Thanks to advances in light therapy technology, consumers can now administer healthy doses of light to themselves using compact and intuitive devices like the Day-Light Sky SAD lamp. And the best part is, most light therapy sessions can be conducted in just a half an hour, once per day.
Visit product page on this website to see actual price
New SAD Lamp on the Market
Light therapy devices like the Day Light Sky work by mimicking natural daylight which has been shown to help elevate mood, stimulate serotonin, and reduce melatonin when directed at the body. Natural sunlight exposure has been shown to cause an actual biochemical change in the brain which results in the benefits experienced.
The Day Light Sky SAD desk lamp conforms to the standards set forth by the Center for Environmental Therapeutics. It projects the recommended 10,000 lux that light therapy professionals recommend for regular use, blocks over 99% of UV rays, and is entirely adjustable to work at different heights to accommodate users of different sizes. In addition, the Day Light Sky features two settings, one which projects the full 10,000 lux for therapeutic use, and the other which projects a reduced 7,000 lux for healthy ambient lighting. Experts recommend placing the unit approximately 12 inches away from the face for approximately 30 minutes each morning. The light should not be faced directly – instead, users should let the light shine over them while they focus on some other activity, like reading, making telephone calls, typing, etc. This ability to leave the unit on while another activity is performed makes the Day Light Sky the best SAD lamp for use at work and on desktops where work is conducted.
Weighing in at just 8.2 pounds, the Day Light Sky is lightweight SAD desk lamp and portable enough to be taken just about anywhere, however, since it only needs to be used once per day, much moving won’t be necessary. Keep it in your bedroom for use upon waking. Keep it in your office to use shortly after getting to work. Send off to a child in a dorm room. No matter where you want to use it, if you’re near an outlet, you can use the Day Light Sky SAD lamp without any hassle at all.
What do customers say
- The lamp does not look like a medical instrument or a light box
- Nice white light to work with, no glare no harshness and no flicker
- Looks and feels very solid, aesthetically appealing
- Easily adjustable, very discreet and office friendly
- The base is heavy, so it’s very stable
- The diffuser cover helps to soften the light so that it isn’t so bright to cause headache
- Great white light on the lower setting for reading
- If you call the company with a question the human answers the phone
- Remarkable five year warranty
Day-Light Sky Benefits
While light therapy can benefit just about anyone, people who are night shift workers or those who live in areas where they are exposed to long periods of low light are encouraged to speak with a healthcare professional about the potential benefits of a Day Light Sky Light.
Users of Day Light Sky Lights have reported several benefits after beginning a regular Sky Light regiment. Mothers have used the device to overcome bouts of post-partum depression. Busy business professionals who wake in the early morning hours report feeling more lively and ready to face the day after using their Sky Light – a much better way to prepare for the day than a sugary and caffeinated cup of coffee. There is virtually no limit to the types of person who can experience a positive change by using a Sky Light because the human body is designed to absorb natural light on a regular basis – and natural light on a regular basis is what the Sky Light provides.
One application of the Day Light Sky Light that is a favorite among regular travelers is the device’s ability to combat the effects of jet lag. By helping to regulate melatonin and serotonin levels in the body, even the most frequent time zone jumpers can experience the joy of a regular sleep cycle.
Amazingly, a device with as many benefits as the Day Light Sky doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. For less than a couple of hundred bucks, anyone can have a professional and therapeutic grade light box sitting on their desk. Capable of lasting for up to 20,000 hours, the bulbs included with each Day Light Sky SAD desk lamp will be sure to last for years to come, which means that the unit won’t become a financial burden to maintain, either.
If you think that you would like to experience the physical and emotional benefits of light therapy but are unsure about whether or not the Day Light Sky SAD desk lamp is for you, then speak with a specialized light therapist or your regular health provider to see if such a therapy would be something for you. If you are considering what type of light box to purchase, you only need search the web for the positive comments left by current and former users of the Day Light Sky. With literally hundreds of positive reviews, its no wonder why the Day Light Sky is one of the best SAD lamp and one of the most preferred consumer light therapy devices on the market. The unit is dependable, reliable, affordable, and for many a satisfied user, is something that they couldn’t imagine starting their morning without.
Benefits reported by users:
- Greatly improved mood
- More energy, less fatigue, better concentration
- Great boost in the morning and great ambient lighting for the rest of the day
- It helps to concentrate on a task longer and sleep better
- Start weaning off medication that helps to sleep
- Seems to be helping reduce winter blahs
- Helps to stay awake
- Enormous difference in energy level with a lot less fatigue
- It is very calming and relaxing to be under this light
- A must for helping fight away the SAD feelings
Also reported by users:
- Larger than expected
- The light itself is very bright, but not headache inducing
- The back of the lamp gets warm but not hot
- The little rubber pieces used to secure the light bulbs during shipping are hard to remove and will probably smell bad if you leave them in
- The first day or two, there may be a slight odor emitted from the lamp, but it isn’t noxious and goes away quickly
- Some reviews said that there was a bad smell when operating the light. To avoid it after opening the lamp you should remove the two rubber bands holding the bulbs down and the two small black plastic tabs at the base of the bulbs.
Of course, there’s really no way to tell if you’ll like the Day Light SAD desk lamp is by trying one out for yourself. Fortunately, Amazon offers risk free guarantees that allow purchasers of such devices to sample the device in their home and, in the unlikely situation that they find themselves unsatisfied with the unit’s performance or results, return the unit for a refund. New users of a light box should be warned – after one or two uses, it may seem difficult starting the morning without a daily dose of concentrated, near UV free, nature quality light like that emitted from the Day Light Sky lamp.